December 5, 2011

Weekend and Tuesday Happenings

So yesterday my family FINALLY decided it was time to go cut down a Christmas tree. Which may I say is one of my favorite traditions. After church, we bundled up and headed out to the tree farm. Even though I was thrilled we were going I had to continually brush off my mom saying "Maybe we should just buy a fake tree this year".  I just kept reminding my family this is probably the last Christmas that I will be able to go pick out a tree with them (because next year I'll be living at a college). When my dad went to turn into the drive for the farm I was instantly filled with horror we saw fateful words on my wonderful tree farm
"CLOSED FOR THE SEASON"...WHAT!!!!!!
My jaw dropped. I may I have shed a tear...or 2.

So in order to not lose time we kept driving. We showed up at the next farm, which did not compared to my farm for 3 reasons...
  1. My tree farm was CLOSED and 
  2. This tree farm looked diddly squat to my favored farm. 
  3. They were more expensive. 
We looked around and saw nothing. Hopped back in the car laughing and shaking our heads at what a disappointment that was. We then drove on to the next farm....and to add to the disappointment, 
it closed at 4:00 p.m.. We showed up at 4:02 p.m.
I was upset very upset. Then I had to listen to my sisters and mother say "Well, guess we will maybe get our fake tree a year early", which I had to remind them again, how that was not an option. We then proceeded home, with no hot cider, no candy cane, no tree and one very sad child (i.e.-me).

May I add my dad was totally agreeing with me about getting a real tree. I mean the smells, the memories. It's all in the real tree. (Not kidding people)
When we got home I taught my dad how to play speed. I won.

That was my wonderful Sunday. I am not gonna say it wasn't funny, because it was. 100% hilarious, but I am still really sad my favorite farm is closed.

Tonight I am getting my hair cut! (Round of clapping and some yippee's insert here) 

After dinner and haircuts, my sisters and I will trek south for the evening, and tomorrow we head to Portland! 

I am beyond excited because I get to go to a concert to see my favorite band
Mumford & Sons!!!!! SO SO SO happy about that! Now....what am I going to wear??? Suggestions would be moocho appreciated.

Happy Monday!

Timshel- Mumford & Sons (Live on the streets of Paris)

2 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

adore this. amazing post, love. thanks for sharing. if you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my latest post. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Thank you!