February 13, 2012

Weekend.

This weekend I wasted 10.75 on a movie. Not any movie. The Vow. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start at the beginning....
 
So on Saturday my sister and I decided we would go to the movies and go shopping. We got "gussed up" and left our house for a 4:40 p.m. movie...it was 4 o clock when we left. We hit unexpected traffic, thus giving us zero time to find parking, which makes me drive like a crazy when I am running late. We found a spot and raced to the theater but...there was a line. A huge 10 minute long line. We had already missed the first 5 minutes of previews, so this line was not looking too good for us movie wise. After pondering the time AND the line we decided to skip the 4:40 movie and go shopping instead, since the movie was also showing at 5:20 p.m.. We raced over to the store and I quickly found the skirt I have been dreaming about for the past few weeks. But when we looked at the line, it was ridiculous long. Like a good snaking line...at least a good 15 minute wait. My sister (such a trooper she is) waited in line while I tried on the skirt. We were able to get out of the store at 5:08 p.m....so needless to say, we skipped the movie at 5:20 p.m.. We drove home realizing what a waste of a drive that was...but I DID get my skirt (Yay Katie). 
 
We headed home to have minestrone soup and sourdough with our parents...and Gewurztraminer. Never had wine before. Not bad. Not bad. Then we played canasta and I ate the rest of the strawberry pie. Nom nom. 

ANNNNNDDDD then we to the movie showing at 9:40 p.m.. And friends, when that movie ended I was so unsatisfied. I mean I planned on BAWLING and I mean bawling my eyes out. I heard it was "SOOOO good" and "Oh my goodness I cried soo much." But no friends. No. Not a single tear rolled down these cheeks of mine. Not an ounce of emotion. And DEFINITELY not a chick flick. Holy banana peel. No.
 
And that friends is how I wasted $10.75 on a movie that did not make cry or want to watch it over and over and wish and hope for a love like the one portrayed on screen. 
 
Ummm p.s. the trailer for Titanic in 3D made me feel more emotion than The Vow. Goosebumps when I heard Celine singing the famous "My Heart Will Go On". The Vow...I just got goosebumps from being chilly....yeaaaa. 
 
Sunday-
I went to church. Then to Seattle to see my favorite cousin ever! and our dear friend Briet!! We saw The Artist, which was so much movie redemption from The Vow I can not even being to describe it. It.was.so.good. Must see for sure.
 
The three of us went out to dinner with some other friends and family and then proceeded home to watch Crazy, Stupid, Love. Um ya. Ladies I don't think I need to even say how much I love that movie. Two words. Ryan Gosling. Mhmm... 
  
Today was fun too! Shopping, breakfast and laughter. Woo hoo! Love it. 
  
Have a wonderful evening OR Happy Valentine's day to those of you who are a head of me by 3 or more hours!

No comments: