May 30, 2018

England Day Nine-York

On our last full day in York, we kept it pretty chilled. I was feeling like a cold was on it's way due to the fact that my sister had been ill and she's real good about keeping germs to herself. And so I stayed in bed after breakfast and she went to York Minster to have a tour ( I had already done this tour when I visited with my parents in 2014.) I went back to bed and slept for a little bit, while she toured. When she returned we did this stuff....Instead of going to see these gardens that my sister desperately wanted to go to (they were closed due to the day of the week), we decided to visit the Yorkshire Museum. It's smallish and hold loads of artifacts. We spent a good chunk of time there. My sister obviously felt the urge to try on the viking costumes which had me in laughing fits for the majority of her dress-up. It was a bit colder that day, and overcast so after the museum we went back to our b&b, grabbed a cup of tea and biscuits and headed back out to walk the York wall.

The wall was built a zillion years ago, and since my sister likes to read me facts out of Rick Steves tour guide book I was thoroughly day dreaming about other things such as tea, and outfits that I'd like to buy someday.
I got a bit loopy on the wall, my sister and I were some of the only people walking the wall therefore, I found it a perfect opportunity to make another video of different ways to walk. My sister joined in on the fun and we were beside ourselves with how hilarious and clever we were. When strangers would pass by we would act "normal". We walked the wall for a long time, so long that I felt like we were in another town when we came off the wall. We were not.



We walked through a part of the city I had not been over to, we took loads of photos, found plaques and little gardens. Ogled over old churches and buildings (which is really ridiculously easy to do in England because everything is worthy of ogling.) We ended our walk by locating as many stores along the way to see if they had caramel digestives or aero candy for our sister. The best thing about going north from London is the cost difference. SO. MUCH. CHEAPER.

We filled our bags with our purchased goodies, and then argued over where to eat for dinner. I wanted a pub, but not. Annie did not want a pub, but wanted something like pub food. This is why our walk was so long post-wall. We couldn't agree upon a place to eat. We passed by a Primark and I had had enough of pulling my jeans up over and over again, so I bought an XL belt since I was desperate and the other belts looked cheap. Bought a belt. Saved my head from constantly being annoyed. And we walked back outside to still not decide on an option for dinner.

We decided on Pizza Express after 832 hours.

When we eat out we like to separate ourselves from the locals and eat dinner at a very cool hour of 5/6 PM. Yeah, the dining hall was empty. But our food came fast. BEST DECISION FOR DINNER, PIZZAAAAAAAAA. And wine. Obviously.

We went back to our B&B to have an earlier night for packing purposes, and to binge watch First Dates. Excellent choice. Oh and then we facetimed our parents for an hour, they were in France and heading back to Paris the following day, we were heading back to London the next day.

We were all packed and ready for bed by about 10, and off to slumber land we went.

No comments: