February 7, 2013

So Long 21

Tomorrow...in 1 hour...I turn 22. And yes this will be my anthem all day....


As I will be a year older, I thought it would be kind of cool to have a look back on all the things that happened at the blessed year of 21. And my oh my, if any year has ever molded and changed my life, 21 would be the one. Bring on 22, I am excited to see what you will bring to the table :)

  1. Got my HORIZONTAL license, and tried alcohol for the first time.
  2. Graduated from my community college with an AA in Psychology.
  3. My love for music grew and grew. So much so that I travelled (with my sister) to 20 shows not just in the US, but in 3 countries. 
  4. My drive for finishing my education died. And then it was reborn about 3 months later.
  5. My sister and I funded our own trip to Paris and England for a 2.5 week vacation that was beyond memorable and thus, we still talk about it today.
  6. I met 2 people who have greatly impacted my life.
  7. I got a job at a law firm. This job made me become a less passive person and actually brought out a side in me that I never thought I had, a confident side.
  8. I was accepted to a University. 
  9. Moved to Southern California.
  10. Was in a music video for Alex Clare, and saw that video aired on VH1. So I have been on VH1.
  11. Peaked a mountain.
  12. Worked out so much that my arms and stomach gained definition, and I gained a 2 pack.
  13. Met Ingrid Michaelson, Ben Howard, India Bourne, Ed Sheeran (more times than I can count), Antonio Lulic, Alex Clare, Harry Styles, Ryan Keen, Lewis Watson, Nina Nesbitt, Passenger, Selah Sue, Allen Stone, XO Man, Chris Ramsey, as well as becoming extremely starstruck by being in the same room as many other artists.
  14. Becoming even closer to my parents, and having those relationships grow into friendships. 
  15. Realizing that yes, I am a cat person.
  16. Becoming more comfortable with who I am and what I want to do with my life.
Holy toledo. I have been extremely blessed in my life, but 21 was one for the books. I have grown and changed so much mentally (and probably physically too). I am so thankful for such a wonderful year, filled with memories, laughter and unreal happenings. I am so so so blessed and I can't say that enough!

Thank you 21. You've been good. And hello to 22. :))))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Katie! Someone once said, "Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone." Blessings to you during 22.