April 16, 2013

Siblings

You guys know I talk about my "seesters" a lot. But I never actually let you know anything about them. Being that I am such a family gal and that I just adore my sisters, I figured, let me introduce them to you. Unless my mom is reading this, in which case, "hi mom and dad, thanks for giving me the two greatest older sisters ever."
My sisters and I are each about 22 months apart, we don't have brothers, which I always hated when I was little, I thought it would be so cool to have a brother but as I've gotten older I have come to appreciate how amazing it is to have sisters. Obviously there were fights, but at the same time there was laughter. There was Barbieville located in the basement, there was the never ending game of "runaways" in the backyard, music videos, beanie baby parties, american girl dolls boarding school, and the occasional pretend weddings. There are no two people I can be more of a goon in front of than my sisters, and they join on the goonness (......gooniness?). Alright, here they be, the greatest girls in the world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Annie.
At 25 she has so much going for her, she just doesn't know it yet. She is my best friend. Growing up she was the bossy one, the one who knew all the answers, the one who I secretly looked up to. It wasn't until she moved off to college, when I was 15, that our relationship grew even stronger. She makes me laugh like no one else, and is the biggest supporter of me. Our trip abroad last fall made a solid friendship grow even more, basically we like to call each other "life partners". I am in awe of how much talent she possesses, be that musically, theatrically, socially (that's a talent) and so smart. She is one of a kind, I mean that. And whoever it is that she ends up with, what a lucky dude. I am already jealous of you, and I haven't even met you yet, but I know you will be awesome.

Laura.
A lot has changed in the last 4 months of me moving out, and I am so thankful for that. At 23 years old she is such a sweet, kind hearted lady. I like to think of her as this little fairy living in a brightly colored world. When we were little, people thought we were twins, until I started growing stilts out of my body and passed her in height. She is my "little" sister, and an incredible human being she is; artist, animal whisperer, child whisperer, one good impersonator that I find her impersonations funnier than the actual character itself. She is getting married later this year and that makes my nostalgic little heart tear up a bit. It seems like we were just playing wedding in the basement, her being the groom and me being the bride....with Annie as the pastor (obviously). What beautiful woman she is. I am so thankful our fights ended once I moved out, now we can have a civil conversation and laugh, and laugh and laugh.
These are my sisters. I couldn't ask for better big sisters. That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh. You sound like three girls that any mother would be proud of. Sisters are your friends for life!