May 5, 2013

A Little More Meg Ryan Please

I am an avid lover of rom-com's. Which is probably why I live in such a non-romantic world. I mean, I am expecting for some sort of "meet-cute" where we see each other during the hustle and bustle of a busy day, me carrying a lot of books well not books (I'm not a fan of reading), let's try this, me carrying a lot of....fashion magazines, and him on his way to a day at the office, I trip and my magazines go flying everywhere. He helps me and we give each other that sort of cute movie smile, I say thanks and thats that. We have no intention to see each other again, but we do. And at the end of the movie, we fall in love and live happily ever after. Awhhh, isn't that a cute one.

See what I mean, dream world seems so much better than reality. I have just done a small Meg Ryan movie-a-thon, I first watched French Kiss and followed that up by watching You've Got Mail. I had never seen You've Got Mail, which I think is just an absolute sin for someone like me. I found it so absolutely wonderful. And yes, I did cry at the end. I always cry at the end. Either that or I have a creepy smile on my face because I am so happy for these fictional characters. But then, when I walk out the door into reality, I hate the unromantic world. Oh what is life.

Don't know why I wish my life was like a movie. Probably just because their hair is never out of place, their make-up is flawless and they always have the perfect thing to say.

I think my life is anything but movie magical. I mean, frizz is a thing I deal with on the daily, make-up, uh let's not go there....one side of my eyeliner is thicker than the other, or the winged-eye flick is more of a flop. And I am constantly stumbling over words or stumbling over my feet....me and gravity, still working on that.

But at the end of the day, I love these movies. They make my heart glow, like "da-dahhhhhhhhh!!" *jazz hands*

I probably spend too much of my time over analyzing things the male specimen have said to me. Spent too many days thinking was that wave a "Hey friend" or a "Heyy friend". I think and rethink things until I make myself want to crawl into a hole. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?? Some people make things look so easy, I just feel like uhm, is there a handbook or tutorial on how to deal with my heart mixing with my head. Wouldn't that be easy. Turn to page 427 to learn "how to give a perfect laugh".

Oh incase you are wondering. No there is no love interest at this point and time. I just am saying that even when I talk to someone who I find remotely attractive I tend to spin things out of control. This is why I am majoring in psychology, people..because I spend far to much time concerned with what I should have said or what they probably think of me. Don't know why. Don't know why. I DON'T KNOW.

And lastly. Just a little side note. Why is it, when I actually try to look good for the day, the guy I am trying to impress decides that is the day NOT TO GO TO CLASS. UHHHHGGHHHHGHG.
I think that happens every time.

Basically. I just would like to say that rom-com's are on a love/hate relationship with me....mostly love, but sometimes hate...which is when I decide to eat my feelings Nutella out of the jar.

No comments: