May 18, 2013

Take Me Home

I finished my semester at College!! I am so so so happy. Just currently sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to board. LAX has got to be the most unexciting and unglamorous airport in the history of airports. But it does the job I spose.

I AM GOING HOME THIS EVENING!! I cannot wait to see my cats! Little fluff balls of adorable fluffiness. Eeeeeeee :D
My sisters should be fun to see too..

Thursday morning I woke up after going to bed at 3:30 am finishing a very rigorous religion (or as i like to call it, "dreadligion") final. I was planning on waking up at 6:30 am and editing the final. I set my alarm for 6:30am and woke up at 8 am. AHHHHHH. And no friends, I had not begun packing yet. I jolted out of bed in a panic and called my mom to help calm me down, (my dad was flying in at 9:30 am and planned on arriving at my school closer to 11am.) but my mom did not pick up her phone which only made my eyes begin to fill with liquid and my throat started to swell a bit...which I quickly brushed aside and told myself, in a La Foule voice from Beauty and the Beast Voice, "Katie, pull yourself together." Moving on. I did my laundry and was basically in energizer bunny mode for cleaning and packing my room up. And I even edited my final, turned it in and said, "HALLELUJAH" to never ever having to take "dreadligion" ever again with Professor Evil. And somehow, in my sweat-driven crazy lady skills, I packed my bags. All of them. Done and done.
THEN MY DAD SHOWED UP!!! I gave him a big hug and was almost going to tear up, but then I remembered I was at school still and my horrible roommates were back for the day to get the rest of their things. SO I just gave him a few pats on the back.

I called my mom and she picked up, so I told her dad was at my school and we were just going to begin packing up things into the car.

I showed my dad everything that was going into storage-------interuppting this program to bring you a brief update. A little child has just gotten stuck under my seat at the airport waiting area.---Oh, his mom just pulled him out from the bar--

Back to the story---
We were trying to figure out how to get the refridge back into the box, but we didn't have tape so my dad said we could just run to the store and go buy some. He went out the door and I turned around. A lady in very green pants and very blonde bouncy curls was behind me "Does anyone need chocolate?"
"MOMMMMMMMM!" Yep friends. My Mom surprised me!! My parents are some sneaky people I tell you.
I gave my mom a big hug while my dad was laughing/tearing up. I really truly do have the best parents ever.

We put the rest of my stuff into the car while my mom stayed in my dorm to vacuum and clean (I did help) my room.

Few hours later, my dorm my was clean, empty and lifeless. I told my parents I'd meet them in the car so I could check out. I hugged my walls of my room because we spent A LOT of time together. Looked at my naked room, checked out and said goodbye to my first home away from home:
Rm #702.
Then it was off to the beach. We took my dad to Zuma beach in Malibu. Watched the waves crash, watched the surfers surf and jumped around on the shore. (may I note, I am extremely proud of the first 2 photos below. Sometimes I am pumped up about my photos & edits.)
Beach times:
...Also....I cannot jump.

After that.....ANAHEIM.

We even ate at the Blue Lagoon which has been on my to-do list since '97. SO Much fun. My parents and I played from 8am-midnight. Went to bed at 1am. And, well, here we are. Sitting at the airport waiting to fly back to the Pacific Northwest. Wonderful 3 days and even better, I get to spend a whole summer with my family :) I love them.
First in line bay-beh!

 First ride of the day....
Space Mountain. I it.

Have a magical day.

Goodbye California. I'll see you in the fall.

(all photos taken by me.)

No comments: