August 13, 2013

Tune in Tuesday

hi. It is not friday it is tuesday. Oh well. dream bigger next time.

did anyone else go out to watch the meteor shower last night/early at the butt-o-dawn?? I DID. 
My sister and my best friend and i piled into my car, stocked with blankets, pillows and the ever essential sour candy and pirates booty, we drove around our small town until we decided the soccer fields were the best bet of seeing the stars. i don't know why, but when it is late at night and you are out in a dark field any noise that isn't your own......is a scene from a horror movie. Or at least that what my great imagination goes to. We heard cows mooing, an ice machine banging every 10 min or so which was the scariest sound ever! loads of cars driving down a gravel road. and my sister munching away loudly on pirates booty. Fun times. We saw a lot of shooting stars which was really fun. But holy goodness, looking at all the stars really makes one feel quite small and insignificant in this giant universe of ours. All around though it was a great summer evening. Didn't get home til abut 1 am. :D


Today's music choice is such a pretty tune (choon), I hope you all find it as lovely as I do.
Joy of Nothing by Foy Vance, 
who is talent straight up to the sky. Having gotten the opportunity to see him live multiple times I can say he is one to watch. If you like what you hear you can check him out more on YouTube, iTunes (here, here and here)! (P.s. that's his daughter in the video)

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Evie Stoneman said...

Wow! That must have been amazing to see and a great way to spend your evening haha! Wish I'd seen it!

Evie
xxx

Katie said...

It was! Thanks for stopping by my blog too :)