September 11, 2011

Never Forget

Today marks 10 years after one of the most horrific events in my lifetime. September 11th. I will never forget where I was on that Tuesday morning. I was 10 years old. I had just begun to put my shoes on when my mom started to say " Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" I went out to the kitchen to see what was wrong, when my eyes met the horror on the television screen. The first tower had been hit, and while we were watching, with mouths open and eyes stunned in shock, we then saw the other plane head toward the second tower. What America thought was an accident was actually done on purpose. My mom and I watched with terror as we saw people running, screaming and crying. I will never forget that day unfold. How the sky was silent. And how for the next week my heart would drop if I heard a plane flying through the sky. I will never forget that day, the unity that I felt after that event with our country. The amount of love and support felt throughout the country and the amount grief that reached from east to west. All the fallen, those whose lives were lost and those men and women who put their all into finding survivors, as well as the military. This country is remarkable and will never forget that day. September 11, 2001 is a day that will never be forgotten.

No comments: