October 27, 2011

Pancakes!

THURSDAY!! This morning I woke up with a big GIANT craving for pancakes. Yummmmm. But being the only one home I only ate about 1/4 of the batter that I made. Which by the way, homemade pancakes via Betty Crocker Cookbook. DIVINE. My favorite since I was a baby. I ate my four medium sized flapjacks and noted that I had oodles of batter left. Not wanting to waste I covered it and stuck it in the fridge. When I came home from school 2 hours later I was hungry. Not for anything, but for PANCAKES! Deciding to be adventurous I put different kinds of things in the leftover batter. Two were Poppyseed (so good, there are no words). But I am a poppyseed lover. The next two had sprinkles..they looked tye-dyed. The last two I made into blueberry pancakes. Now, I have never been a fan of my blueberries being cooked, but for some reason I just wanted blueberry pancakes. Unfortunately the batter wasn't as thick as it normally is so it turned into a square gigantore pancake (2 to be exact). I also made homemade syrup which is 10 times better than store bought. But I am partial to homemade foods. Anyways, let's just say today was a pancake kind of day...and yes I did sing Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" song over and over with a huge smile on my face.


{Poppyseed pancakes at top of skillet, sprinkles below}

{Homemade syrup deliciousness}

{Blueberry pancake batter}
{Square Blueberry Pancakes}
{Devoured}

No comments: