July 5, 2012

The Fourth

Happy 5th of July! Hope all of you (Americans) had a great Independence Day and that the rest of you (nonAmericans) had a wonderful 4th as well :)


My sisters and I spent some quality time in the sun yesterday soaking in all it's deliciousness. We also had a full on dance party in the kitchen to some old school tunes like Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back" and Destiny's Child "Jumpin' Jumpin'" it was spectacular. My sister made guac and I made the margaritas and it was just perfect. Unfortunately my other sister had to leave the festivities early to head to work, but it was fun while it lasted. SO me and my other sister made swirl (red white and blue) cupcakes AND a cake. I may or may not have eaten 4 cupcakes and a piece of cake yesterday, AFTER dinner of course. 
Our dinner consisted of burgers, watermelon and salad....which totally balances out the amount of cake I had. Yes? No? I don't care, it was INDEPENDENCE DAY I do what I want!
I went on a nice walk in the morning too. I was supposed to go with my sister but she decided she didn't want to go with me last minute so I kept walking. Then apparently she tried to find me after she changed her mind and wanted to go on a walk, but she couldn't find me. So she went on her own walk and so did I. Not going to lie, it was kinda pleasant being alone with my thoughts, cell phoneless and just walking. I highly recommend it. It's not a revolutionary thought but hey, I'm just saying my generation likes to be surrounded by either people, phones, or music, so peace and quiet with one's brain just going thoughtfilled is nice.
Swirl Cupcakes.
Festive Breakfast.
BOOM!


Have a great Thursday you beautiful people! I am going to bask in the sun some more and work on my resume. Cheers!

No comments: