December 22, 2014

Week Update. CHRISTMAS TIME!

Hello my lovely readers!

I hope Monday is treating you with an extra ounce of goodness!

This last week has been nothing but relaxing. After finishing school I have enjoyed the bliss of no stress. I did all of my Christmas shopping the last week as well and even wrapped the gifts and put them under the tree! I am feeling on top of my game.

Nothing makes me more excited than the fact that the holidays mean gathering with family and friends to celebrate Christmas and with that--lots of foooooooooood.

Here's a flashback of photos from my history of Santa...just some. Oh '90's, your fashion period did me no good...even being a tot too.
My sister and I went to our grandma's house last week to make my favorite Norwegian cookie-Krumkaka (Krumkager). I love spending time with my grandma because I have ample opportunity to ask her any and all questions about life, her life, as well talk to her about things in my life. When I was little I did not appreciate my grandma as a woman, she was my grandma. Now that I am nearing 24 years old, I have really built a much stronger relationship with her and can see that I am my grandma. Like to a T. It's kind of awesome!

This week I also spent many evenings playing Master Mind with my dad and my sister. Basically I am a champion at that game. That is until my mom plays and shows you up. That woman is a game playing master.

Meeting up with friends who are back home for the holidays means many outings to coffee shops, with many hours of conversation. I love it.

I visited my other grandma, we call her Grammy, for her birthday celebration at my aunt and uncle's home. It was a chaotic evening with my cousins' children running around and grabbing items. It is really odd seeing my cousins' with kids of their own. It is amazing, but really odd. My aunt served a delicious dinner, followed by a cake...because it was my Grammy's birthday. Obvi.

I love spending time with family, they really are the best!

This last Saturday we had my dad's side of the family christmas party. Basically all of us adult children, our significant others, and all of our parents and our grandma, gather together to eat, eat, eat and laugh until we cry. I adore it so much! We sing carols while my talented uncle plays the piano, then we break for dessert (norwegian cookies y'all) and then it is time for our White Elephant. Probably the best game because on my dad's side of the family we play it with dice and time and there is no rules of politeness, you just grab gifts. After time is up we open the gifts and cry with laughter over the dorky gifts that are given and clap with excitement over the packages of cereal that someone receives. It is so fun!
ek I also spent many evenings playing Master Mind with my dad and my sister. Basically I am a champion at that game. That is until my mom plays and shows you up. That woman is a game playing master.

I cannot even express the amount of thankfulness I have at this time of the year. I am blessed by family who get along and love spending time together!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and holiday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your friends and family are blessed by you.